• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] The Auth System Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

@Frankie
Yes proving that one is not a cheater is half the battle won.
And we are moving in right direction with notoriety.
Having some value addition will only inspire the noob cheaters.
I haven't played any other FPS similar to Urbanterror from past few years , so i don't know what are common things which can be used as good motivators.

Exclusive fun stuff amuses me. I love fun perks.
Perks which will not give an edge in gaming but should be worthwhile. Like exclusive sounds, grunts ... making game more lively or something. I don't want the content creators to be burdened by extra perks.

Anyways all the best Devs and community.

@all
Also some of us don't have facebook accounts etc. Nothing like this should be forced. I wish we find magic formula to keep cheaters away. Some form of anticheat system and other perks.

This post has been edited by Pretender1988: 01 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"
[IMG]http://i1114.photobu...r1988/val-1.jpg[/IMG]
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]

#62 User is offline   Father Goose Icon

• Account: fathergoose
  • Main tag: |WC|

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is a good discussion going on. I really hope a good balance can be struck to stop the griefers and cheaters that take so much of the time of admins.

One recurring theme that I'm seeing in this thread is this idea that people will care about notoriety and losing progress made on their account, etc. This may deter plain ol' community members from going to the dark side one day with downloading some cheats, but as Divinity aptly put them, these "drive-by cheaters" are not going to care one way or another about that, especially the frequent havoc-causing ones like aimbotters. The ones just trying the game out might be deterred because of a wait period and making accounts, but I still don't see how the ones looking to cause havoc are going to be deterred. Of course we all know no system is perfect. There are just some people who are determined to continually disrespect a server's domain and that's just a game for them to figure out how to keep that going, which is a sad life really. Anonymity degenerating human integrity one household at a time.

#63 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostKuspix, on 01 August 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Having the auth name shown is useless not the contrary, if im playing with an alias its because i dont want to be seen by everyone with my real nick , admins can check auth , and should be able to turn off the auth name .

agreed! sometimes i just want to be left alone when hitting up a jump server for example.. i don't usually get enough time to play those servers as is currently.. i don't mind helping someone learn jumps, but just don't usually have the time..

#64 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

If i understand it correctly, you cant use a alias anymore but only one of your 3 nicknames.
When i wanna know who you are, i search for your nickname and i see your authname/profile on this website. So i dont see any use of servers not showing your authname (Except for serveradmins)
Im pretty sure that you could look up the nickname (and so the authname) when you have problems with some guy's assbehavior on a server without any admin, correct me if im wrong...

This post has been edited by Driller: 01 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

#65 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

^ someone gave the link one page back.. see this: http://www.urbanterr...052#entry330052

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yes i know, but your 3 nicknames (the passportsystem which was online for about a half year but not back yet) are related to your account. I can search for the nickname and i find your real authname. If not, then i try to take the name (i want to know who that is) as my own nickname, and i get message: nickname in use by authname X.
I dont need protection of guys stealing my forumname, but my ingame name. Or not?

#67 User is offline   THARGOR Icon

• Account: thargor
  • Main tag: [*]

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

will there also be something like a ban-log?

for example:
someone is playing on many servers for some days/weeks/months/years without being banned
then he joins a server where the admins are not so used to spot cheaters and ban this player for cheating even if he did not.

this player looses notoriety without having done anything wrong

so with a passport based ban-log or history (maybe also with demo-database) to this players account it would be easier to make the difference between someone who really cheated or someone who just met an admin who is not so well experienced.

everyone can start a server and ban people
so it would be nice to have statistics about unproven-cheat bans
(server xyz has 80 percent unproven-cheat bans so a player does just loses 20 percent, or less of his notoriety)

or something like this

#68 User is offline   Garreth Icon

• Account: garreth
  • Main tag: -21-

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostTHARGOR, on 01 August 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

will there also be something like a ban-log?

for example:
someone is playing on many servers for some days/weeks/months/years without being banned
then he joins a server where the admins are not so used to spot cheaters and ban this player for cheating even if he did not.

this player looses notoriety without having done anything wrong

so with a passport based ban-log or history (maybe also with demo-database) to this players account it would be easier to make the difference between someone who really cheated or someone who just met an admin who is not so well experienced.

everyone can start a server and ban people
so it would be nice to have statistics about unproven-cheat bans
(server xyz has 80 percent unproven-cheat bans so a player does just loses 20 percent, or less of his notoriety)

or something like this

Lol, you still don't get the idea of the new system, do you? Bans are local, not global. You CAN take shared banlists from any server you like, but you DON'T HAVE to do it.

This post has been edited by Garreth: 02 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

#69 User is offline   elfix Icon

• Account: elfix

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

As I asked somewhere in these forums, and as I still didn't get an answer: how is the authentication system designed? Will our passwords in plain text pass through UrT servers? Is it sent directly to FS' auth server?

#70 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostDrizzt, on 31 July 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

So if i have a server, and i want only allow players with auth systems enabled:

/auth_notoriety 1
/auth_enable 1

It's correct?

And for manage the servers, you must know the rcon or with the authentication system enabled, you can assign privileges to users to manage the server?

Sorry for my english :/

Yes , Yes , and yes. Your English is pretty good for a Dark Elf ;)
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942