Urban Terror Forums: I need a Qwest employee w/ exp in dsl - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I need a Qwest employee w/ exp in dsl Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Sues to friends * on UT

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:09 AM

I need the # of my port to start a UT server.
No 27960 isn't right.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:01 PM

did you rtfm?

#3 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

27960, being the default port, is the port of your server. The only way to change it is to override it with +set net_port 27961 on the command line.

#4 Guest_Sues to friends * on UT

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:30 PM

Im talkin about the port I use for port forwarding.
Again no its not 27960 or shields up would tell me.
Shileds up:
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:15 AM

your avatar gives me the creeps for some reason.maybe just me.

anyway, port forwarding is:

computer #1 or Interface #1 PORT ---------> computer #2 or Interface #2 PORT

Interface can be a modem, an ethernet card, that kind of thing.

PORT can be whatever, even the same port.

e.g. 27960 on a PC #1 connecting to the internet and going again to port 27960 but to PC #2 connecting to the internet through PC #1.

I'd suggest to take a look at some tcp/ip networking documentation or if you're using an adsl router or a good firewall/networking/port forwarding software to take a look at their manuals.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:22 AM

your avatar gives me the creeps for some reason.maybe just me.

no, not only you, but THANKS for advanced adblocking capabilities of the dev-adstop plugin for mozilla... =)

go here: http://adblock.mozdev.org/

CHEERS! :D

#7 Guest_Sues to friends * on UT

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:30 AM

I am computer two and I cannot plug in the first comp's ip in the net port while setting up port forwarding. Do ppl not understand my problem is finding the right port for port forwarding. This will familiarize u with how I change my port forwarding. http://www.qwest.com...g_111904msl.pdf
Ive tried with 27960 and even pluged it into shileds up to see if I made an error while reconfiguring network settings.
Should I go port range 0 to 65535?
Do any of you actually have Qwest because im beginning to think they prevent u from hosting.

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:40 AM

ah alright, it's a dsl router most probably.

you should use:

Protocol: UDP

Port Range: the same as the quake3 server runs on e.g. 27960 to 27960 (which actually means just one port, you could use a range like 27960-27961 if you had two game servers on that two ports)

IP address: the IP address of the internal LAN computer where the game server runs. that is the IP address of the ethernet card on the PC, not the IP to the internet of course. on windows that can be found with "ipconfig" in a command prompt (not 127.0.0.1, the other one) or on network settings.

I'm not 100% sure what "List of forwarded ports" is, but most probably is to set a list that is not a range, like "27960, 27965"(which is 2 ports), not e.g. 27960-27965(which is 6 ports)

hope that helps.

edit:
something that applies only to q3 game servers: you could change the port on the dsl router so someone can get from e.g. port 30000 or whatever to port 27960 or whatever to the internal LAN pc running the quake server, but that would only work for people knowing the internet ip and port in advance, in wouldn't work for people listing the servers through master servers. don't ask why, it's sad but that's how q3 servers work. port forwarding should be done on the same port the internal LAN computer runs the server in order to show up correctly on masters.

#9 Guest_Sues to friends * on UT

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:46 AM

Posted Image
He sells his sole to the devil prays to the lord and sacrifices his family yet his wish still hasnt beed granted.
Could Not Allocate ip :(

#10 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:24 PM

Have you pressed 'save and restart' ? :D Also make sure your firewall on the PC is not blocking it.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942